What is Xanax XR?
Xanax XR is the brand name for the medication alprazolam. It is in a group of drugs called benzodiazepines. Xanax XR works by affecting chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause anxiety. This medication is commonly used to treat anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and anxiety caused by depression.
Important Information about Xanax XR
Do not drink alcohol while taking Xanax XR. Alcohol can increase the effects of alcohol.
Xanax XR can be habit forming. Patients should take this medication as prescribed. Do not increase or decrease doses, or take this medication longer than prescribed without speaking to your Doctor. The intentional misuse of Xanax XR can pose a serious risk to the health and safety of the individual.
Xanax XR is a commonly sought out drug by abusers. Keep this medication in a safe place, do not share with others.
Prolonged use of Xanax XR may result in a tolerance, dependency and withdrawal syndrome.
Xanax XR Side Effects
Along with the desired effects of Xanax XR there are often side effects associated with its use. Patients taking Xanax XR may experience a wide array of side effects, most not requiring medical attention. Most common side effects to Xanax XR include;
- Absent, missed, or irregular menstrua periods
- decreased appetite
- decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- decreased sexual performance or desire abnormal ejaculation
- difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- inability to have or keep an erection
- increased appetite
- increased in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- increased interest in sexual intercourse
- increased weight
- loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- stopping of menstrual bleeding
- watering of mouth
- weight loss
Other more serious side effect to Xanax XR may require medical attention, these often include
- Being forgetful
- changes in patterns and rhythms of speech
- clumsiness or unsteadiness
- difficulty with coordination
- feeling sad or empty
- lack of appetite
- loss of interest or pleasure
- relaxed and calm
- shakiness and unsteady walk
- sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- slurred speech
- trouble concentrating
- trouble in speaking
- trouble performing routine tasks
- trouble sleeping
- unsteadiness, trembling, or other problems with muscle control or coordination
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Xanax XR Uses
Xanax XR is commonly used to treat anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and anxiety caused by depression. This medication works by affecting chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause anxiety.
Xanax XR is commonly sought out by drug abusers. When taken with alcohol Xanax XR can increase the effects. Abusers take this medication for feelings of euphoria and well being. The intention misuse of Xanax XR can be a danger to the individuals health and safety. Prolonged use of this medication my result in a tolerance, dependency and withdrawal syndrome.
Xanax XR Dosage and Directions
Xanax XR tablets should be taken in the morning. The recommended adult total daily dose ranges between 3 to 6 mg/day. This dose is determined by the patients individual therapeutic needs. Some patients may require more than 6 mg/day, in those case the patient require careful monitoring to be sure they do not suffer any side effects.