Alcohol use is in all areas of our lives. From social use to religious rituals we are exposed to alcohol. Nearly every where you go from the grocery store to your home you will see some form of alcohol being advertised or consumed. For someone with an alcohol abuse problem they will be continuously be walking into temptation and at times their ability to say no is not strong enough, landing them with another night of heavy drinking.
Are You Concerned with your Alcohol Use?
If you are concerned with your drinking patterns and feel you may have a problem you can contact your primary care doctor and request a consult, a alcohol assessment and physical examination. An alcohol assessment can help determine the severity of your alcohol abuse problem and allow professionals to arrange the appropriate treatment to meet your personal needs.
Common Question Associated with an Alcohol Assessment
- Do you feel you are a normal drinker?
- Have you ever awakened the morning after some drinking and found that you could not remember a part of the evening before?
- Do friends and/or family ever worry or complain about your drinking?
- Can you stop drinking without a struggle after one or two drinks?
- Do you ever feel guilty about your drinking?
- Are you always able to stop drinking when you want to?
- Have you ever neglected your obligations, your family, or your work for two or more days in a row because you were drinking?
- Have you ever had trouble with work, school or home life due to your drinking?
- Do you hide your drinking from others?
- Do you drink an inappropriate times such as in the morning or on break at work?
Do you need Treatment?
After undergoing an alcohol assessment your doctor will be able to determine the appropriate treatment for your alcohol abuse problem. There are both inpatient and outpatient treatment facilities available to aid you through your recovery from alcohol abuse that will teach you key tools to overcome temptation and maintain sobriety.